Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Nano is a Go

I'm writing this at the end of Day 2. If you're not participating in National Novel Writing Month then I'm sure you're rolling your eyes or spitting pea soup at your computer screen for being force fed another post on the event. Whatever, I don't care. As of now, I'm sitting pretty at 3, 592 words. Totally on schedule. With everything else, not so much. Here's the rundown of things:

Since acquiring DSL, we've ditched both of our phone lines (home and computer) as well as AOL. I've had my AOL email address for several years. Acquired a stack of emails and contacts. I forwarded all my emails to another account via yahoo. Printed out my contact sheet. All good on that front. Then, while logging in to my Blogger account, it hit me. I've used my AOL email as a username on several websites. This led to me scrambling for days trying to remember each and every website. So, not fun. I sent an email to everyone I could think of but in case you don't know and actually care, all emails are to be redirected to sthrnwriter @ yahoo . com (without spaces). Can't say I didn't warn ya.

October is done and over with. This calls for my final #10bythen tally. Ready for a shocker? Are ya? Are ya? I didn't come close to achieving the goal. I think I picked the wrong month to toss my name in to the hat. I didn't get ten shipped out but I managed to send one. Submitted "Sealed With Anguish" to PodCastle per Pseudopod's recommendation. Maybe give it another go in December.

To top it all, I'm behind in book reviews. I hate being behind. It's so not fair to the writers who sent in their requests. Trying to figure out how I can get back on track and still kick butt in Nano.

I sooo need a nap.....

PS: My non prioritized time has left me unable to read and comment on blogs as of late. Many apologies but blog reading seems to be my end of the week treat for hitting all Nano goals. Please don't say anything interesting until then, K?

2 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

You're missing nothing of interest on my blog so you're safe. :D

Congrats on getting a little ahead, I'm afraid I'm a little behind NaNo wise but getting there. :D

Aaron Polson said...

NaNo is paramount. The blogs aren't going anywhere.

Nice work!