As you can see, today's post is not "WIP Wednesday" related. Not really working on anything. Therefore, nothing to report. But I am trying to get back on track with editing. I have a freshly printed copy of "The Boy in the Book" cluttered with several Post-Its full of notes. I also Printed out a copy of "The Phantom House". Published only once but desperately needing a rewrite or it's being tossed in to the pit of lost stories.
In other news, Cate Gardner's newest short story collection, Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits is available for pre-order ($1.99 off the cover price if you do it now). In celebration, she's holding a contest. Onipar a.k.a. Anthony J. Rapino decided I was among the lucky ones to be dubbed strange. Now, it's my turn to bestow this honor on to seven others, but first, the rules:
The 'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such you are deemed very strange indeed. Congratulations.
Now you must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers - strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don't like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don't mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you've received the award for your strangeness, she'll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com (click on the award link on the home page)
1. Leah at Daily Piglet wants to be a mermaid. What's not strange about that?
2. Courtney at Haunt Jaunts I believe our two minds think alike.
3. John at Season of Shadows is all about Halloween all the time.
4. AutumnForest at Ghost Hunting Theories - what can I say about her? She's just that cool or in this case strange. ;)
5. Julie at Above the Norm - can't talk about one without the other. Her and autumnforest are two of a kind.
6. Kristi at Random daily thoughts... cuz she's alive!!!! oh and she's taking x-ray photos of her books.
7. Susie at Ghostposts - currently reading her book Dragon Creed. One can only be strange to come up with a story about a boy turning in to a dragon. :)
My Novel About "Reincarnation & Love" is Now Available! - *A novel about reincarnation and love* Christmas, 1983: Robert is a young man tending to his soul mate Keith, who is dying from AIDS. Robert tries valian...
16 hours ago