Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grinding My Gears...Again



I don't have anything to report on the writing front. So I'm grinding my gears instead.

You know what grinds my gears? Commas. I'm good with any other punctuation. Commas make me feel funny and self conscious. I don't like it. Why does everything have to be separate? I thought we all were suppose to be getting along? Words can't live in harmony either? Commas are obviously nothing but periods with fancy tails. Trying to be like "q". I think they are in cahoots. They're planning something and the government needs to get on this before they go on some killing rampage. I think we need to start a petition or a mob. Whichever floats your boat. Commandeer Doc Brown's Choo-Choo Train time machine and send them both to the 1800s. Keep the riff-raff out of our time period.

Back to you Diane...

1 comments:

Turtlechelle said...

Commas are just intimidating, aren't they? I end up consulting Harbrace for about 50% of my comma usage, and I'm still nervous that I've done it wrong.

I think you're on to something. Commas are definitely up to no good.