Wednesday, March 03, 2010

WIP Wednesday - Bad News

I had planned on going in to some detail of my next horror satire project. But I received some bad news.

I opened my inbox to find an email from a representative of BlogBurst, the online company I was waiting for a nice size monetary reward from. This money would have gone towards my new computer. The email was in regards to a clerical error. Turns out I wasn't qualified for the reward they notified me about. But to remedy the situation, they are still going to send me $50.

I swear when I saw that email, I nearly started crying. I knew it wouldn't be an error in my favor. Truth is I've been a member of the website for going on three years. Never had a problem with them before. A mistake is a mistake. They could have said, "Sorry we screwed up and you're not getting anything at all."

I have to be honest. I'm a bit broken up about it. I was so close to having a brand new computer. Something I could rely on. No more computer problems or down times where I'm waiting for weeks not being able to do anything. I'll wallow about it for a few days and move on. It's not like its the first time the rug has been ripped out from under me. Just hoped something would go good in my life without any strings.

Don't take this as me giving up. I'm going to keep saving and hopefully I'll be able to afford one sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Karen Rutherford said...

Hi - I subscribe to your RSS feed and have been reading your posts more closely lately. I just wanted to say how much I admire your perseverance in the submitting process. It's remarkable, and I'm sure success is right around the corner. Always when you least expect it!!

Andrea Allison said...

Thank you. I'm certainly trying.