Monday, March 01, 2010

Baby Jessica's Replacement

I swear my luck is trapped in a well somewhere. It'll be on the news and everything. Though the tragedy in Chile trumps everything right now for good reason.

In the last few days, I have received two rejections. One from Shock Totem and the other courtesy of Pandora's Nightmare: Horror Unleashed. The second one was kind of expected. Been trying to go cold turkey on the whole procrastination addiction thing but hasn't been working too well. *Note to self - find support group. Then, I also have this problem where it sounds good in my head but doesn't translate on to paper. Add the two together and you get a big mess.

Of course the writing bad luck has poured in to personal. My brother and his girlfriend have been spending a lot of quality time here as of late. That usually means they want something. This translate to "We've been kicked out yet again and need some place to live". And they are not afraid to use the baby card either. Claimed the girlfriend was pregnant last time which she wasn't and is now making the same claims. Their definition of time is much different from ours. The scale is one week equals three months. Of course, my mom is a big softy and will eventually let them back in. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were at least trying to support themselves. Gotta love moochers.

And to round out the weekend, the laptop I want has become a bit too rich for my blood. While I'm waiting for the money that is owed to me, I've been on laptop watch, making sure it's still in stock and I can still afford it. It was still in my price range until a few days ago when it jumped up $50. I've searched other electronic retail stores. The ones who have it in stock put a nice hefty price tag on it. One I can't afford. Unless a miracle happens, I think I'll be looking for a different one which stinks. I really like this one and it has all the features I could ever dream of in my first new computer. I just knew it was too good to be true.

Excuse me while I go wallow....

0 comments: