Monday, March 29, 2010

Any Silence Will Do

This is a lot coming from me but I would thoroughly enjoy a nanosecond of silence. I can't write without some kind of entertaining noise in the background, but the constant visits from the "intruders" is starting to be stressful. They supposedly got a new place to live. Yet they aren't living in it. How can they be? They're over here all the time. I'm at the stressing point where hair is about to be pulled out.

If you haven't already noticed, my mood is partying in purgatory. I think I'm on the verge of having one of those crisis that writers talk about. The kind you feel like you've worked so hard for so many years but will virtually have nothing to show for it. Technically, I have Ghost Stories to show for my hard work, but a successful blog is not enough. It's not the only thing I want to accomplish. I'm glad a couple hundred people enjoy reading it every day. Don't plan to shut it down any time soon. But it feels like a One-Hit-Wonder Blogger Style, you know? It's not like any of my other writing aspirations are mounting to anything.

0 comments: