Friday, March 06, 2009

Boycott

Page-a-day WC - 139 words

I have had serious thoughts about boycotting Wal-mart. They are abusing their power and it must stop. It seems like every time I need something they don't stock it for months or sometimes never again. It's starting to piss me off.

For a while, they didn't have the toothbrush heads for the electronic toothbrush that I had. They stopped carrying the only cough drops I like. Halls Breezers are the only ones that get the job done when needed and doesn't make me gag. Wal-mart doesn't have them anymore. On grocery day, we get these microwavable cheeseburgers and a Cobb salad for dinner. I look forward to it every week. Didn't have either one this week.

Around here, we don't have many grocery shopping options. Wal-mart is pretty much the closest and most convenient store here. The frustrations are mounting though some were subsided by a little treat....this time. While I didn't get my dinner preference, I did get the dessert I've been craving for the last few weeks.


SAMOAS!!! Some little Girl Scouts were selling cookies in front of Wal-mart. God bless them. My mom and Alan (my step-dad) were only going to buy the Thin Mints but generously picked up a box of Samoas for me. Thank you, guys!

So, I'm putting my boycott tendencies on hold....for now.

0 comments: