Sunday, February 01, 2009

It Bites the Big One

Page-a-Day WC (Friday & Saturday) - 854 words

I didn't write anything on Thursday for a couple of reasons. First, it was a crappy day all around. I had moderate case of the sneezes from hell. I know I should have pushed myself to try and write a little but decided to declare it my day off for this week.

The second reason has to do with a...er....challenge. It's called AbdWriMo a.k.a. Authors By Design Writing Month. I'm sure you know where the inspiration came from. The idea is to write 15K...not 50K...but 15K in the month of February. It's suppose to be a warm up to Nano, first of many. However, this may be put on hold.

I found out today the site in which this challenge is associated with will be shutting down at the end of February. That is if no one takes over the Admin role. This just sucks all around. This is the third site to shut down. I became a member of WriterBuddy about six or so years ago. That site shut down. Two more popped up in its place. One shut down soon after and now this one is on the verge of disappearing too.

I know it's expensive to keep a website up and running but damn. I'm all depressed now...

0 comments: