Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On Its Way

Page-a-Day WC - 388 words

I ordered a couple of books. Ironically, they are both in diary form. The first is The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer. If you've seen the movie Rose Red then you should have an idea what I'm talking about. When this book first released, we bought a copy. No clue where the heck it went. My mom thinks her third husband took it with him when he moved out. Of course, I can't call him up and ask because....well....he died a while back. I left buying a new one or in this case a used one.

I went on Amazon and looked it up. I couldn't believe what I saw. A brand new hardcover copy of this book runs for $80 on that site. $80! We paid like $25 for ours. It certainly required a double take. Since I didn't have $80, I went for a used copy for $10. It's better than nothing.

The second one I've wanted to read for a while. I saw the old black and white movie with Millie Perkins and Shelley Winters. A totally good movie. I had to get my own copy of The Diary of a Young Girl by: Anne Frank. Of all the Holocaust books, it's definitely one of the popular and most sad books.

We read several books by Holocaust survivors but for whatever reason this one was never on the syllabus. Don't know why. I guess it's become the obvious choice and wanted us to read about others who were in concentration camps.

I can't wait to get both of these books. Often checking the mail...

0 comments: